The Apostolate of the Laity

Waxing philosophical in communion with one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am just a sinner who holds fast to the notion that every human being on the planet is the result of a thought of God.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Act of Oblation to God's Merciful Love

That my life may be one act of perfect love, I offer myself in total surrender to your Merciful Love, humbly imploring you to consume me unceasingly, and to allow floods of infinite tenderness gathered up in you to overflow into my soul, that so I may become a martyr of your love.

O my God, may this martyrdom one day release me from my earthly prison, and after having prepared me to appear before you, may my soul take its flight without delay into the eternal embrace of your Merciful Love.

O my Beloved, I desire at every beat of my heart, to renew this oblation an infinite number of times, till the shadows fade away, and for all eternity, I can tell you of my love face to face.


Amen.
St. Therese of the Child Jesus

How often does one take the time to sit down and write a love letter to Christ? St. Thérèse de Lisieux wrote the above on the eve of her entering into the Carmelite order. This Lent, take the time to write one's own letter of affection to Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home