The Apostolate of the Laity

Waxing philosophical in communion with one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am just a sinner who holds fast to the notion that every human being on the planet is the result of a thought of God.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

New and Improved 4x4 Meme

To be candid, I'm not really sure what the heck a meme really is (it looks like a typo to me), but my sister, Catholic Mom, tagged me for this, today.

Here are the rules: Share four things that were new to you in the past four years; four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. Then share four things you want to try new in the next four years.

Four things that were new:

1. Travel to Italy. If my faith needed any cementing, it received a heaping glob of it. Being within inches of Pope Benedict; experiencing the Vatican; praying before John Paul II's tomb; touching the tomb of St. Francis and St. Anthony; immersing myself in a new culture; and oh yes, the wonderful wine. As Jews long for Israel and Muslims trek to Mecca, all Catholics need to go to Rome.

2. Lectio Divina. Opening my heart to hearing the voice of God.

3. Theology of the Body. My study of this has reformed/redeemed my entire outlook on who I am as a human being and what the true purpose of sex really is.

4. Being best man in a wedding. Thanks Chris. I was so honored to serve.

Four things I want to do in the next four years:

1. Go back to Europe and maybe visit Poland to see the stomping grounds of John Paul II, St. Faustina, and Maximilian Kolbe.

2. To deacon or not to deacon...that is the question.

3. Buy a house in impossibly expensive Oregon.

4. Celebrate 20 years of being with my wife, Kathy, in a big, audacious way.


I tag four writers of way more talent than me:


Pax

2 Comments:

Blogger phatcatholic said...

Thanks for the tag bro :) I didn't really get into memes, but I appreciate the link to my blog.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

David,

I appreciated mention of being the best man at Chris' wedding as one of your "4x4 Meme" things.

Your toast clued me in that you can speak of the things of God. I need a "volunteer" speaker at YAK Camp (www.yakcamp.com)in Hood River,July 8-13. Topics available are:

Session One: Good Thing +Don’t Do=Sin (Sunday 7:00 PM)

Session Two: Persevere IN Prayer, Persevere BY Prayer (Monday 9:00 AM)

Session Four: Purity is Pure Beauty (Tuesday 9:00 AM).

Specific scriptures are to be incorporated into each talk for the youth to memorize.

Wanna go to camp? Call or email me. I will email you all the needed info.

Thanks for being there/here.

Rosy Doyle
Executive Director
YOU TURNS
www.youturns.org

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home