The Apostolate of the Laity

Waxing philosophical in communion with one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I am just a sinner who holds fast to the notion that every human being on the planet is the result of a thought of God.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Five Person Meme

Catholic Mom tagged me with this. I'm supposed to tag five others, but candidly, I don't know five other Catholic bloggers to tag. So my apologies if I break the rules here a little.

"If you could meet and have a deep conversation with any five people on earth, living or dead, from any time period, who would they be?" (Explaining why is optional.)

Name five people from each of the following categories: Saints, Those in the Process of Being Canonized, Heroes from your native country, Authors/Writers, celebrities.

Five Saints:

1. St. Maximilian Kolbe
2. St. John
3. St. Peter
4. St. Anthony
5. St. Teresa of Avila

Those in the Process of Being Canonized:

1. Pope John Paul II
2. Blessed Ann Cathrine Emerick
3. Blessed Yvette
4. Bishop Fulton Sheen (okay, I don't think he's in the process, but count this as my vote that he should be.)
5. Blessed Mother Teresa

Five U.S. Heroes:

1. Easy Company from WWII (Band of Brothers)
2. Robert E. Lee
3. Chuck Yeager
4. Lewis & Clark
5. Herbert Hoover (I always thought he got a bum rap on the Depression, and he fed 20 Million starving Russians despite it being political suicide)


Five Authors/Writers:

1. Pope Benedict XVI
2. John Grisham
3. Tom Clancy
4. Stephen King
5. St. Thomas Aquinas ( I need help with the Suma)

Five Celebrities:

1. Robin Williams (drug free)
2. Faith Hill (the hottest mom on the planet)
3. Mel Gibson (sober)
4. Jonny Depp (What were you thinking making The Libertine?)
5. Tom Hanks & Ron Howard(They are in dire need of evangelization)

Tag Five People:
1. Sister Millie
2 - 5. Catholic Answers Forums

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home